Wednesday 20 August 2014

Interview with Imogen: Part One

Today I want to take a break from writing 'moody' things and just have a bit of fun. A while ago I promised to share some of my novel. Now I will do that soon, but today I thought that I would share an interview with my main character, Imogen.

Here it is:

Me: Do you have any nicknames?

Imogen: My family and friends call me Imza.

Me: I like it. It's pretty. But about your family, who is in it?

Imogen: Well of course my parents, then there is my older sister, Rosie who has left home. We also have a brother, but he's in heaven.

Me: I'm sorry.

Imogen: It's fine, he died four years ago. *tries to be up beat* Let's go back to these questions!

Me: What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Imogen: Wow! I don't really know if I know the answer to this. It might have been when I did my eighth grade piano exam.

Me: Eighth grade? Are you really musical?

Imogen: I never think of myself as that, but I guess I am. I am part of a small group of teens who upload videos onto YouTube. I also play the cello, so I guess I am musical.

Me: What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Imogen: A peaceful life where I don't have to go anywhere and can just read all day and play the piano and cello. I guess I'm an introvert!

Me: I love that idea of happiness.

Imogen: Thanks *goes red*

Me: So what is your favourite occupation?

Imogen: Music and art. They sort of tie. I can't choose between them.

Me: Hahaha. I know what you mean, not that I am really musical or arty. *changing subject* What is your most treasured possession?

Imogen: My laptop. My dad, who as you know is an inventor, played around with it and it now can do all these things a normal laptop can't do. I have so many important things on it.

Me: I want one now! Would he play with mine, do you think?

Imogen: If you could get hold of him to ask.

Me: Is he really that busy?

Imogen: No! He just hides and doesn't answer the phones. He doesn't like talking to people much.

Me: As much as I want to keep talking about this, I have more questions. My next question is: who is the greatest love of your life?

Imogen: That would be telling.

Me: I sense a story here!

Imogen: Moving along...

Me: What is it your greatest fear?

Imogen: Fire, I have a massive fear of fire. I used to be really ashamed of it.

Me: Funny, I love fire.

Imogen: I hate the idea of things burning and people dying.

Me: Makes sense! No enough people are that kind, which gives me a good questions: which living person do you most despise?

Imogen: I don't despise anyone. I guess I'm lucky that way, I can't hate.

Me: Well that's all my questions for the moment. Until next time!

Imogen: Thanks:)

Hope you guys enjoyed this. I have no idea where I saw the idea for this, but I really enjoyed writing it and I hope it helps you get to know Imogen a bit better!

If you enjoyed this I will post some more interviews later:)

-Kat

6 comments :

  1. I love this interview! I'm excited to read parts of your novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully it will be up soon:)

      Delete
  2. A interview with a character. Why I would have never thought of this. Brilliant! I loved it! Please share more sometime:)
    -xoxo
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the sound of you character (and not just because of the awesome name.) She plays cello and piano? I am so jealous. I always wanted to play the cello. *pout* I really enjoyed getting to know more about her, and I hope you'l share more about her, and your book, in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always wanted to as well, but sadly I just play the piano and tiny bit of guitar.

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind