Thursday 8 January 2015

January Magic


The sun shines on my skin. Blisters burn on my bare feet, reminding me that I should be wearing shoes.

The 40 degree heat is sweltering, but nothing is stopping me from mucking around outside. January is the month to be wild in!

An ice cream starts melting before I can take my first bite, it dribbles down my arm. I lie back to enjoy the refreshing coolness.

Night comes, but sleep stays away, leaving me lying in bed, hot and uncomfortable. I creep out of bed, seeking a cool drink before trying to sleep again.

The pool beckons, calling me into it's cool embrace. I spend hours splashing and playing around with friends, enjoying life and sunshine.

Late nights are spent roaming the streets with friends, fizzy drinks in hand. People laugh, jokes are made, friendships hardened. Times to be remembered forever.


This is my entry for Yasmine's Winter Wonderland Challenge. Ok so this doesn't really go with the theme and you might be wondering why on earth I've written this. But the theme is to write about January, and this is what January is like for me! I hope you enjoyed. Also, I'm not really doing this challenge anymore, I've skipped a few. You see I had to drop out due to Christmas, my aunt dying (I really miss her) and many other things, but Yasmine, I hope you enjoyed this!

Also, could I just thank everyone who answered my survey. I'm having a great time reading your answers. Everyone has been so nice! If you haven't seen/answered my survey, please click over HERE to do so!
 -Kat

16 comments :

  1. 40 degrees...woah that's hot..we have temperature constantly below 10 here in India for past 1-2 weeks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, just a mild 40 degrees. Just kidding we're baking. I'm honestly eating ice cream right this moment just to stay cool!

      Delete
    2. Summers in India are real hot as well..D: D:

      Delete
    3. I've always wanted to visit India, but maybe not in Summer:)

      Delete
  2. Wow, 40 degrees is really hot. Even on the tropical island of Singapore, temperatures don't reach that high. At most, it'll be 33 degrees celsius. A cold drink is always refreshing on a hot day. Great writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do get some crazy weather here! Singapore sounds like a lovely place. The weather must be amazing. I'd love to visit sometime.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I love your blog! :)

    Sarah
    http://imsarahgrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautifully written! Love this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I loved how that was written. Images just popped up in my head. =D Especially this bit:

    "An ice cream starts melting before I can take my first bite, it dribbles down my arm. I lie back to enjoy the refreshing coolness. / Night comes, but sleep stays away, leaving me lying in bed, hot and uncomfortable. I creep out of bed, seeking a cool drink before trying to sleep again."

    I love that!! Januarys are either wet or windy in London. I wouldn't like to write about it. e_e Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This post was really easy to write, it's the sort of thing that I know all too well.
      Having your ice cream melt before you eat it is a huge problem, there is nothing worse than sitting down to eat your ice cream and finding a sticky mess, well maybe not having it would be worse, but you get my point!
      I don't know if January would be January if it was rainy and wild. It's funny how different the weather is where we live:)

      Delete
  6. Your January sounds a lot like my nightmares! ^^ You are such an amazing writer and your style is so strong! ' Times to be remembered forever': that is such a great way to end it all. Thank you so much for doing this...Really, I only asked because I thought you might like to do it, but I am so happy you did! :) And stay strong, Kat! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! How different our tastes are, but I must admit sometimes it is a bit hard to stand it all. At moments like today I'd give anything to live in a cooler country!
      Thank you so much for inviting me. I had a great time! I really enjoyed sharing a little bit about what life is like in Australia:)

      Delete
  7. This was lovely. A little funny for me to read, though, because to me January means bitter winds and snow :) Well, I guess that's what it's like living on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's funny to think you're in winter while we're in summer:)

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind