Monday 9 February 2015

Interview: Eve @ Eve of Womanhood

 
Though I have posted an interview for a few days, I still have a few left, so today I'm posting Eve @ Eve of Womanhood's! Trust me, her answers are well worth reading:)
 

How would you describe yourself and your blog?That's a hard question. I'm a little shy when I meet new people, but after a while I come out of my shell and show them my random personality. ;) I feel like I'm a deep thinker too. Blogging is a great way to vent out my thoughts as well as show my faith and hobbies with you guys. :)

How long have you been blogging for?
I absolutely love to read, write, web design, and draw. Another one of my hobbies is photography. I truly enjoy capturing memories and nature through my camera lens. :)

What would you say your biggest hobbies are?
Definitely! I would love to one day be a photographer and/or a web/graphic designer. They're both hobbies I have done ever since I was little. I love capturing a person's true personality whether it be in a photograph or a blog design. I also would like to write a book someday. Of course I'm not sure if that will ever happen. A girl can dream, can't she? :)

Who/what is your biggest inspiration?With blogging I would have to say Acacia, Hannah, and Natalia. I've just found their blogs recently, and I really love the atmosphere they give their blogs.
A person that really inspires me is Katie Davis. She wrote a book about being a missionary in Uganda and how she became a mother to 13 unwanted African children.
“People tell me I am brave. People tell me I am strong. People tell me good job. Well here is the truth of it. I am really not that brave, I am not really that strong, and I am not doing anything spectacular. I am just doing what God called me to do as a follower of Him. Feed His sheep, do unto the least of His people.” -Katie Davis

What is your best blogging advice?
I know when I find a new blog, three things make me follow their blog:

A Nice Design: Even though it can be hard to first start designing your blog there are sooo many google resources out there that helped me so much. There is also the alternative of hiring a blog designer to help you out. I've done this many times, and absolutely loved how the captured my style and personality. Now I'm a web-designer myself and it's so fun to show a persons true personality throughout their design.

Pretty Photos: I love photography so of course I enjoy seeing other bloggers' photographs as well. Not everyone has a nice camera, but their are plenty of ways to make your blog have beautiful photos on them. I used a little digital camera through the first year of blogging until I purchased a DSLR. I would try to make my photos better with Picmonkey to edit and improve their appearance. Picmonkey is a life saver when you want to make your photos prettier. It's totally free and is super easy to use. You can also find commercial free images online that you don't have to give credit for someone else's image.

Unique Content: Be yourself when you post. Write what you feel, experience, and love from your life. It's what sets you apart from the sea of blogs and makes people enjoy reading your words, looking at your pictures, and marveling at your design.
Whoops, I didn't notice how long this answer was. ;)

Do you have a favourite author? If so, who?
Of course I do! The trouble is that I have sooo many favorite authors! I really love Ruta Sepetys though! I've read both of her books, and they were both such amazing reads. So far she has written Out of the Easy and Between Shades of Gray. I definitely recommend them. :)

What’s your favourite TV show?Downton Abbey, hands down.

Have you ever written a novel, if so was it published?No, haven't written a novel yet, but I've recently had an idea for one. I might share a bit of the story on my blog sometime. I've written some short stories though.
I'm currently putting my ideas into planning a novel, so if you have any blog post you'd like to see from me, please feel free to tell me!
 -Kat

14 comments :

  1. Man, I really need to watch Downton Abbey. It's story line sounds so interesting, but since there is no way I can get the television to myself, I'm just going to have to wait. I also blog for the same reason Eve does. Nice interview! Great answers, Eve! ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Everyone says it's so good. I must looks out for it on DVD.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely interview, Kat + Eve! I especially love that quote by Katie Davis and that section on blogging advice. xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The quote is beautiful. Eve always has the best supply of them. Where does she find them?

      Delete
  3. This is an interesting interview. The questions asked are good and Eve's answers are to the point and honest. I especially like the answer for the best blogging advice. All of us can definitely learn from it. Thank you for sharing your advice, Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve is one of the best bloggers around. It was great to hear her advice. It's so honest and helpful. She's a really inspiring blogger

      Delete
  4. Aw I love this. You can tell photography is her passion because she talks about it a lot XD I like photography, but I like it even more to see what people who truly love it come up with. (I'm not that good, LOL.) Those were some good blogging tips. I agree that a nice, clear and uncluttered design, with pretty photos, is really appealing to me.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve's photography is gorgeous. I'm so envious of her. How could she have self taught herself all that?

      Delete
  5. All these sweet comments have be blushing! :-*> Thank you all so much! <3
    And thank you, Kat, for interviewing me! It was so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind